Long Life Coolant Red - Hi-Tec Oils
Long Life Coolant Red is an ethylene glycol based antifreeze/coolant concentrate incorporating an advanced formula technology with virtually non-depleting organic acid corrosion inhibitors. The product is dyed a distinctive red-orange colour for ease of identification.
It is silicate free for improved pump life and contains no environmentally harmful nitrates, borates, phosphates, amines or nitrites.
Long Life Coolant Red is compatible with conventional coolants and can be used for top-up of conventional coolants. If the product is to be mixed with some heavy duty diesel coolants, the user must continue to add SCA’s (Supplementary Coolant Additives) for heavy-duty service until the next coolant change-out.
Long Life Coolant Red satisfies or exceeds many major standards and is recommended for major European, Japanese and US car and heavy-duty diesel engines.
Long Life Coolant Red can be added directly to the cooling system as a top-up adjustment of the freeze point of the cooling water.
Benefits of using Long Life Coolant Red include:
- Can be used in most OEM diesel, petrol and natural gas engines allowing one coolant to be inventoried. The product lasts up to 3 times as long as conventional coolants.
- Reduces engine coolant cost by up to 60% over conventional coolants.
- Service life of up to 1,000,000 kms for truck engines, and up to 12,000 hours or 6 years (whichever comes first) for machine/commercial engines (when topped up with a once only coolant extender at the end of its initial service life).
- For automotive engines, drain at 250,000 kms or 5 years, whichever comes first.
- Contains no silicates or environmentally harmful borates, phosphates, amines or nitrates.
- Hard water deposits and scale from silicate drop out in the cooling system are practically eliminated.
- The low level of total dissolved solids improves water pump seal life and prevents gel formation.
- Excellent heat transfer and superior aluminium protection at high operating temperatures.
- The combination of organic carboxylate inhibitors offers excellent protection against cast iron cylinder liner and block pitting and cavitation corrosion-erosion.
- Extends the period between changing coolant
- Passenger vehicles and light commercial transporters – 250,000kms / 5 years (whichever comes first).
- Heavy duty vehicles – 1,000,000km / 6 years / 12,000 hrs (with good quality water and product is used as directed)
- Provides maximum anti-freeze/anti-boil protection.
Sizes: 1000lt, 1lt, 200lt, 20lt, 5lt, BULK